I must decrease so He can Increase...

As many of you know we have been unemployed since we came to Fort Worth pursuing what God wanted in our life, Seminary. Innocently, I convinced myself that a job would be here waiting for me. Well, it wasn't and I thought what, "What have I done or not done that God would not provide a job?" I really started to consider that God's giving is just like mine, based on the things people do for me or mean to me. Really? I thought God worked the same way I work.

He quickly smacked me around and showed me his true nature, I become less so that he may become greater. It is not about him meeting our needs, though he does. It is not about him giving me the teaching job of my dreams that pays what I want, its about me understanding that I am should be consumed with the next world. This period of time without work has given me three amazing lessons/blessings.

1. He has proven how he literally pays the bills, puts food on the table and pays for Will's school. I don't know how it happens but we are not behind on bills and we have heat in our house (not very much through:) But he has provided far from just financially.
2. He has giving time. How many couples get to spend the majority of their days with each other for a whole 3 months after they get married? Not many, these have been a wonderful 3 months together and we wouldn't trade this time together for much. Money is money it can be made and it can be lost. But this first 3 months has been incredible.
3. He has taught that He is much bigger that any situation. Whether it be unemployment, learning to live with a new person :), or attempting to figure out how everyone in this HUGE Metroplex could hear the gospel, he is bigger.

We are thankful for these lessons but have yet to stop looking for full-time work. I have two substitute fairs this week and Will consistently checks job boards. Continue to pray for us as we do struggle through these irreplaceable lessons,

0 comments:

Post a Comment